Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
Job Title: Carpenter Artisan
Responsibilities: This position is assigned to the Scene Shop and is primarily responsible for building scenery, load-in and strike of shows. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Self-motivated team player that handles pressure well while working in a deadline oriented industry and embracing a safety orientated work environment.
- Able to self-critique and correct their work while maintaining sensitivity to the overall artistic vision is paramount.
- A BFA in Technical Production or equivalent experience, with 3 years additional professional experience.
- A documented ability to produce high quality finished scenery from theatrical construction prints using a variety of materials including wood, steel, aluminum, foam, plastics, and fabric.
- Proficient in steel MIG welding.
- Experience with CNC and vacuform machinery, and construction techniques.
- Experience with stage rigging, both counterweight and chain motor.
- Familiarity with installation, operation and maintenance of stage and scenery equipment such as winches, pneumatics and hydraulic actuators, and motion control systems.
- Familiarity with basic electrical principals and safety, including basic troubleshooting and reading of schematics.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to climb and perform work on ladders.
This is a full-time, seasonal position and is represented by IATSE Local 5. Current IATSE membership is not a prerequisite. Benefits include health insurance and paid vacation. Position begins early July, 2018
Submit your cover letter and resume to:
Phil Rundle, Production Manager
No phone calls, please.
Deadline to apply: June 29, 2018