Reports to: AVP HR, Diversity & Inclusion
Department: Human Resources The statements below reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the major responsibilities of the identified position and are not to be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Assist the AVP of Human Resources and Diversity & Inclusion in achieving departmental and organizational objectives of the Cincinnati Museum Center and the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center including processing new hires, benefit administration, compliance (including FMLA, COBRA, workers compensation, OSHA,), employee relations and HRIS entries and maintenance, including electronic time keeping. Train and supervise volunteers for the department. Detail oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work and consistently meet deadlines.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Track eligibility for benefits including hours worked and requirements under the Affordable Care Act.
- Develop benefit information forms and packets including required enrollment materials.
- Enroll employees in benefits for which they are eligible.
- Audit and reconcile monthly bills for accuracy.
- Manage annual open enrollment and required benefit meetings.
- Ensure that regulatory compliance of plans is maintained and assist with required filings, mailings and other regulatory actions.
- Coordinate and execute wellness activities and events.
HRIS Systems Management and Maintenance
- Review new hire forms for completeness and accuracy.
- Data management of employee new hire information, wage information, employee status, raises, and other required information into HRIS/Payroll and electronic timekeeping systems.
- Day-to-day management of electronic time keeping system including set-up of new hires, making required changes to permissions and managers, and training of end-users.
- Assist with development and compliance of employee policies.
- Assist with new hire orientation as needed.
- Arrange for ticket trades and other employee perks.
- Create and maintain employee files.
- Assist with compilation, completion, return and filing of required reports.
- General filing and miscellaneous clerical duties as needed.
- Check accuracy of bills and invoices and follow proper finance procedures for payment.
Workers Compensation Liaison
- Record workers compensation claims, maintain OSHA log as needed.
- Act as a liaison with workers compensation provider on claim records and claim status and with Bureau of Workers Compensation as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, management, business or other related field.
- Experience in an HR setting, with 2-plus years of experience.
- Experience with Paycor HRIS systems and products including time and attendance strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- Knowledge of HR processes, procedures, laws and other bodies of knowledge.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite and ability to generate statistical reports.
- Possess strong administrative, time management and organizational skills.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift up to up to 20 pounds.
- Requires sensitivity to matters of confidentiality.
Required to perform other duties as assigned.
To apply please go on line to
We are an equal opportunity employer