Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
Job Title: Swing 4
Responsibilities: This position is primarily assigned to Deck Run Crew but may at times be assigned to work in other departments.
- Self-motivated team player that handles pressure well while working in a deadline-oriented industry and embracing a safety-oriented work environment.
- The ability to self-critique and correct their work while maintaining sensitivity to the overall artistic vision is paramount.
- A BFA in Technical Production or equivalent experience.
- Run crew experience on complicated shows with multiple effects, crew people, and transition shifts.
- Experience with stage rigging, both counterweight and chain motor.
- Familiarity with installation, operation and maintenance of stage and scenery equipment such as winches, pneumatics and hydraulic actuators, and motion control systems.
- Experience with basic theatrical electrics, to include hanging, circuiting, and focusing of standard stage lighting units.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to climb and perform work on ladders.
This is a full-time, seasonal position and is represented by IATSE Local 5. Current IATSE membership is not a prerequisite. Benefits include health insurance and paid vacation. Position begins mid-August, 2018.
Submit your cover letter and resume to:
Phil Rundle, Production Manager
No phone calls, please.
Deadline to apply: July 6, 2018