|Description||Organization: The David J. Joseph Company
The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 60 locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
DJJ has an exciting opportunity as a Credit Analyst for our Downtown Cincinnati Office.
1. Analyze credit risks and recommend/establish credit limits. Identify and proactively respond to financial and/or industry trends, problems or issues that may occur related to credit risk
2. Identify and proactively address accounts with financial/performance changes and/or payment pattern changes. Minimize bad debt risks.
3. Review and maintain files, reports, and perform financial statement analysis of new and existing customers. Maintain accurate credit and collection file for all accounts.
4. Prepare and issue timely and accurate reports and answer questions/give presentations concerning the content.
5. Serve as liaison between all other DJJ departments/divisions, including routine interaction with both internal and external customers through phone, e-mail, and personal contact.
6. Make personal visits to accounts to discuss financial condition, resolve disputes, and/or obtain a first-hand opinion of the business.
7. Responsible for establishing, maintaining and applying the company’s credit policies and practices.
8. Perform other duties/projects as assigned by brokerage services management.
9. Perform account collections calls as needed.
10. Review and edit/compile export documentation for bank submission.
1. Bachelor’s degree with concentration in accounting or finance preferred. Other degree in business discipline or related business experience will be considered. Minimum 3-4 years of experience in commercial Credit/Collection environment.
2. Strong knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, calculating ratios, trends, percentages, and solutions. Ability to research, compile, and interpret financial data.
3. Strong organizational and communication skills and an aptitude for managing customer relationships.
4. Ability to take initiative and prioritize multiple customer and sales requests necessary.
5. Proficiency with personal computers, Excel and Microsoft Office products.
6. Highly motivated, detailed-oriented, able to adhere to deadlines in a timely manner.
7. Ability to effectively communicate with all Company personnel, customers and vendors.
8. Ability to work under general supervision, exhibiting independent thinking skills and problem solving initiative.
9. Ability to travel (10%) for s account visits, training, and seminars.
10. Export experience as it relates to letters of credit, banking and export documentation a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation & benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Bonus Potential & 401k match among other great benefits. If you are ready to grow with a successful company, please apply online.
DJJ group is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.DJJ is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.