As a Gateway Clinical Nursing Instructor you will be responsible for delivering a quality educational experience for the students in the clinical group and that all students are treated in a fair and equitable manner. You will be responsible for grading care plans and concept maps.
Participate in clinical instructional for an assigned clinical rotation group. Assumes a participative role in supporting and promoting the mission, goals and objectives of the College by performing the duties and responsibilities of the position as direct by the leadership of the department, division, and College.
Minimum Years of Experience: Two years full time or equivalent experience as a registered nurse within the immediate past five years.
Education Requirements: Associate degree in nursing
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Interacts effectively and professionally with students, staff, faculty, and external customers of Gateway Community and Technical College including Advisory Board Members and clinical site preceptors and other off campus sites.
- Exceptional customer focused skills. Ability to address student needs and resolve issues with diplomacy and tact.
- Interpersonal skills including questioning, listening and showing concern and respect for others.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including ability to project voice and be clearly understood when speaking in front of a group.
- Solid writing skills to communicate effectively in memos, letters, and via email.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and commitment to comply with policies, regulations, and code of conducts governing all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Commitment to the success of the students and the school.
- Computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Current active, unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Kentucky. To satisfy the requirements of area clinical facilities the successful candidates will be required to submit to a drug screen.
Expected start date: Varies - ongoing
Work hours (shift) will be: Days 7am to 3:30pm or Evenings 3pm to 11:30pm
Behavioral health/mental health background and experience needed besides medical/surgical areas