Company Profile The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 70 locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
U Pull and Pay LLC (a wholly-owned subsidiary of DJJ) has an exciting opportunity as a Human Resource Generalist in our headquarter location downtown Cincinnati.
* Field basic questions concerning policies, procedures, benefits, payroll and processes.
* Provide administrative support to the human resource team, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
* Manage all new hire (onboarding) paperwork and maintenance of employee personnel files ensuring completeness and accuracy.
* Maintain, organize and update HR files and documents in the corresponding platform.
* Respond to all unemployment claims. Assist managers in preparation for hearings.
* Respond to low-level employee relations issues.
* Manage and administer drug test process for new hires, random and post-accident testing including bill payment.
* Assist with recruiting process, including applicant tracking, reporting, candidate travel and interview scheduling.
* Review participation and qualification of teammates eligibility for the Quarterly Safety Bonus program.
* Track, administer and reconcile safety mentor gift cards. Notify payroll of gift card payment.
* Order and follow up with all company provided items (cell phones and laptops) for Exempt new hires.
* Complete termination process to include Ultipro and DJJ transactions, I-9 and personnel file removal and return of company property.
* Manage company notifications for special events such as birthday and anniversaries
* Organize company events or meetings including hotel, travel, meals, etc.
* Other duties as needed.
* Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a business discipline.
* PHR certification is a plus.
* Minimum 2 years hands on human resources experience including recruiting.
* Strong organizational/time management skills, attention to detail and focus on accuracy.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
* Experience using both HRIS and ATS systems. (Ultipro and iCIMS preferred)
* Excellent written communication skills including proper grammar and professional writing.
* Excellent verbal communication skills; the ability to communicate effectively with individuals from a wide variety of experiences, backgrounds and skill levels.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple projects while providing excellent customer service.
* Some travel required.
We offer a competitive compensation & benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Bonus Potential & 401k match among other great benefits. If you are ready to grow with a successful company, please apply online.
UPAP is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.
UPAP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.