|Description||The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling and trading. With over 70 locations, The Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
River Metals Recycling (RMR), a wholly owned subsidiary of DJJ, has an exciting opportunity for a Scale Operator at our Louisville, KY facility.
1. Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
2. Weigh and purchase inbound scrap, obtaining required information from customers for all transactions. Complete purchasing and shipping documents.
3. Control traffic patterns in yard.
4. Perform general office administration duties.
5. Serve as a back-up cashier, greeter and possibly other positions as needed.
6. Willing to cross-train in other positions and assist other teammates as needed.
8. Other duties as assigned by management.
1. Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service.
2. Minimum of 2 years previous customer service experience preferred.
3. Must be able to work well under pressure and meet critical deadlines.
4. Must be able to handle multiple priorities while providing a high level of support in a fast-paced environment.
5. Must have excellent customer service, written and verbal communications, organizational and time management skills.
6. Must have the willingness to go the extra mile learning the scrap metal recycling industry.
7. Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions, work independently and multitask.
8. Computer experience, including Microsoft Excel and Word and the ability to learn in house systems.
9. Scrap knowledge a plus.
10. Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
11. Flexible to work off hours, weekends, holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
12. Ability to work standing or walking for up to 10 hours per day.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability, vacation, paid holidays, safety bonus potential and 401k match among other great benefits. If you are ready to grow with a successful company, please apply online.
River Metals Recycling is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, or protected veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
River Metals Recycling hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please use this link: https://djj.app.box.com/v/EEOistheLaw4Applications
River Metals Recycling reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and teammates.
River Metals Recycling also provides a work environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all teammates and applicants.