Career Coach - Workforce Development
Brighton Center, Inc. is a private non-profit community based organization with the mission to create opportunities for individuals and families to reach self-sufficiency through family support services, education, employment and leadership.
We currently have a Full-Time, opportunity for an individual who would like to make a career in a not-for-profit organization. We are looking for an individual to work in an organization that helps its customers become self-sufficient.
We are seeking qualified applicants for a Career Coach. The Coach will empower trainees by assisting them with developing the job search tools and skills needed to obtain high-quality employment, create opportunities for externships and training-related employment with area businesses, and support alumni with career advancement and retention by providing ongoing coaching and resources. This is a multi-faceted role with many responsibilities;
- Lead Career Development instruction and coaching for trainees and alumni
- Facilitate workshops and lead activities
- Provide individualize one-on-one coaching
- Develop and maintain relationships with businesses
- Create externship opportunities
- Connect and engage with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Bachelor degree in a human services field or equivalent of 3 years direct service.
- Have a passionate belief that each person has inherent worth and dignity and the ability to become self-sufficient
- Have excellent relationship building skills and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service and/or coaching experience
- Public speaking/ professional presentation experience
- Employment experience including knowledge, skills, and abilities with case management, data entry and reporting.
- Must demonstrate advanced skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment
- Reliable transportation
Office located in Newport.
Salary range $35,568 (exempt)
Please apply to: www.brightoncenter.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.
No Calls Please
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE