Advanced Service and Sales Associate (PT) Reports to: Manager Advanced Sales
Department: Service and Sales
The statements below reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the major responsibilities of the identified position and are not to be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. An asterisk (*) indicates that this is an essential function of the job as outlined in the American with Disabilities Act.
The Advanced Sales and Service Associate supports the daily operations of Cincinnati Museum Center. The associate executes processes and procedures necessary to meet the department’s service delivery and sales goals, and is responsible for providing superior hospitality and service. The associate is responsible for consistently delivering brand quality messaging while actively maximizing sales and soliciting new members. Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
Service & Sales (90%)
- Operate multi-line phone system to provide superior service for internal and external guests.*
- Respond promptly to all calls in a professional and friendly manner.*
- Speak clearly using proper English for maximum understandability.*
- Practice good listening skills and ask probing questions to determine how to best serve the caller.
- Transfer calls best served by other departments or individuals quickly and efficiently.
- Must be able to answer consecutive telephone calls each with a fresh perspective.
- Operate a scheduling and reservations system to execute ticket sales, group reservations, membership sales, and special program/event reservations over the phone. *
- Operate time keeping system as it relates to recording clock-in, clock-out, time off requests, and other related items.
- Provide guidance and assistance to guests, Members and groups through general information, pricing information, programs/events schedule, etc.; help them plan their day for the most meaningful experience possible.*
- Deliver world-class service experiences and assertive salesmanship techniques, and appropriately address guest and Member needs to increase guest satisfaction and drive sale opportunities.
- Assist with the delivery of promotions/initiatives and marketing messages as they relate to guest satisfaction and driving repeat visitation, Member retention and new member conversion.
- Efficient and accurate entry of Member, group, or individual data; work to maintain accurate database.*
- Schedule group reservations taking into account availability of CMC resources, policies of CMC, and the requests of groups.
- Create reservations for private events and public programming.
- Actively pursue information related to events, programs, service delivery, salesmanship, special exhibits, museum exhibits, and any other activities.
- Follow all processes and procedures to help department meet service and sales goals.
- Take initiative to recognize opportunities for improvement in processes or procedures and work with management to make necessary changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional Development (10%)
- Actively participate in initial and ongoing trainings for consistency and improvement of service delivery, salesmanship, hospitality, team building, and messaging to guests and Members with goals of delivering a world class service experience and creating a culture of exceptional service.
- Assist management with creation, updating, and maintenance of departmental job aides, resources, and communication tools.
- Attend all required staff meetings and training sessions.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- 2 years of customer service or telephone sales preferred.
- Experience with museums, nonprofits, hospitality industry or large venue attraction a plus.
- Excellent guest service skills including conflict-resolution and interfacing with diverse internal and external audience; and an outgoing, friendly personality.
- Ability to follow direction, remain flexible, maintain composure and communicate effectively and professionally in fast paced situations or during periods of change.
- Ability to use multi-line phone system and multifaceted computer software system.
- Must be able to read and write departmental communications and other related documents.
- Must be reliable and able to report to shift on time.
- Ability to type 30-40 wpm and complete complex data entry processes.
- Professional demeanor with a degree of integrity, confidentiality, ethics and dedication to the mission of Cincinnati Museum Center.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong self- motivation and initiative; ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Strong ability to complete multiple tasks in an energetic environment and work well under pressure with periodic heavy workloads, constant demands, and frequent interruptions.
- Fast-paced call center with sound bleed and other distractions during busy times.
- Reception desk layout with multiline display console and PC.
- Personal headsets provided for hands free call response and keying.
- 90% of a shift is seated responding to calls and working on computer.
- Team environment where all input for improvement is appreciated and all associates support one another.
Position is part time, hourly. Requires flexible schedule to meet business demands, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
To apply online go to:
We are an equal opportunity employer