|The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling and trading. With over 80 locations, The Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
River Metals Recycling, a wholly-owned subsidiary of DJJ, has an exciting opportunity as a 2nd shift Heavy Equipment Operator in Newport, KY
1. Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
2. Operate mobile heavy equipment of various sizes and types with a focus on a front end loader.
3. Perform daily inspections on equipment and report any defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
4. Clean equipment as needed.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of heavy-equipment operating principles
2. Ability to operate equipment under varying working conditions
3. Experience in an industrial/outdoor work environment
4. Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions
5. Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
6. Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations
River Metals Recycling is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, or protected veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. River Metals Recycling hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. If you’d like more information please copy and paste this link:
River Metals Recycling reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and teammates.
River Metals Recycling also provides a work environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all teammates and applicants.