The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 70 locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
U Pull & Pay (a wholly-owned subsidiary of DJJ) has exciting opportunities available as Management Trainees for our growing locations nationwide.
The UPAP Management Trainee Program allows individuals to be exposed to all facets of the business during a 6-18 month training program. Trainees receive hands-on training in buying autos, selling scrap, retail and production operations, and all safety and environment programs. The goal of the program is to develop individuals to assume management roles at one of our locations.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business discipline or equivalent related business experience.
2. Exceptional organization skills with the ability to adapt to changing assignments.
3. Ability to work flexible hours, include weekends and holidays.
4. Good verbal and written communication skills – ability to interface effectively with customers and employees.
5. Excels at operating in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
6. Willingness to relocate to any of our facilities across the U.S including Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Florida, Indiana, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Ohio; with additional locations as we grow. We offer competitive wages, paid training, paid holidays & comprehensive benefits package including 401k, medical, dental and life insurance. U Pull & Pay group is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.
U Pull & Pay is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, or protected veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. U Pull & Pay hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here
U Pull & Pay reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and teammates.
U Pull & Pay also provides a work environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all teammates and applicants.