Brighton Center, Inc., a not for profit agency, has a full time opportunity for an individual who would like to make a career in not-for-profit. We are looking for an individual who has a passion to work in an organization that helps customers become self-sufficient. The role of the Business Computer Technology Skill Instructor is to provide skill-specific hands-on training, support of trainees and classroom management with a customer-first attitude.
Responsibilities (Not inclusive):
- Implement lesson plans, taking into consideration individual needs and goals, individualization of lesson plans may be required.
- Provides tutoring and instruction on an individual basis.
- Introduce problem-solving techniques to trainees. Primary responsibility to ensure trainee’s completion of competencies.
- Assist Career Coach with scheduling externships and job shadows for trainees with other agencies.
- Engage and interact with trainees and alumni to establish a positive and professional relationship.
- Monitor and record trainee progress. Maintain files in an orderly fashion.
- Assist with Outreach efforts to ensure the obtainment of enrollment goals, including presentations, distribution of materials, and reaching out to trainees prior to their start date.
- The BCT Skills Instructor acts as the first contact for Help Desk issues at the Center for Employment training. This involves troubleshooting basic PC, printer, network, hardware and software issues, especially for the BCT classroom.
- Above all, the Skills Instructor must be able and willing to take into account the diversity of the adult learners in the program.
Qualifications (Not inclusive):
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment
- 3 – 5 years supervision experience
- Great attention to detail skills and be highly organized
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and experience teaching these applications in both classroom and individual settings is highly desirable.
- Experience in the IT industry, and basic computer hardware familiarity
- CompTIA A+ certification (or equivalent) is highly recommended.
- Experience in supporting, use, and maintaining/troubleshooting electronic classroom presentation equipment using smart control systems such as data projectors, document cameras, audio/video matrix routers is a must.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working with an economically disadvantaged population with attention to individual needs is preferred.
Salary - $28,000-$40,000 Annually
Benefits (Not inclusive):
Brighton Center offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, vision, over 80% paid by Brighton Center
- 11 1/2 paid Holidays
- 12 Sick days and 12 vacation days per year
- Up to 6% match on the 403b retirement plan
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE